Duties:The County Treasurer's Office oversees county funds, collects taxes, and in Jefferson County, issues driver's licenses.
More information is available on the Iowa State Treasurers Association website for Jefferson County.
Location: Jefferson County Courthouse
Auto Department: 641-472-2340
Driver's license information is on the Iowa DOT website.
Treasurer (elected official):
Terri Kness, assumed office 01/01/11, term expires 2018
* Property Tax: 641-472-2349
* Property tax can be paid online
* Drivers License: 641-472-2349
* Motor Vehicle: 641-472-2340
* Motor Vehicle taxes can be paid online
* Fax: 641-469-4562
* Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
o Motor Vehicle Deputy - Mark Myers
o Motor Vehicle Clerk - Lindsay Adam
o Driver's License Clerk - Stacy Unkrich
o Tax Deputy - Amanda Beasley
* Property Tax and Auto Registration - Office Hours: 8:00 - 4:30 Monday - Friday
* Driver's License Renewal - Office Hours: 8:00 - 4:00 Monday thru Friday.
Written test given until 3:30. Drive tests Monday thru Friday by appointment only. No CDL skills testing done in Jefferson County. Motorcycle testing done by appointment.
Jefferson County Treasurer's Office
P.O. Box 308
Court & Briggs - Jefferson County Courthouse
Fairfield, Iowa 52556
Holiday Closings: New Year's Day, President's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Thursday and Friday, Christmas Day.