Duties: The treasurer's office oversees county funds, collects taxes, and in Jefferson County, issues driver's licenses.
More information is available on the Iowa State Treasurers Association website for Jefferson County.
Location: Jefferson County Courthouse
Auto Department: 641-472-2340
Driver's license information is on the Iowa DOT website.
Treasurer (elected official):
Terri Kness, assumed office 01/01/11, term expires 2014
* Property Tax: 641-472-2349
* Property tax can be paid online
* Drivers License: 641-472-2349
* Motor Vehicle: 641-472-2340
* Motor Vehicle taxes can be paid online
* Fax: 641-469-4562
* Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
o Motor Vehicle Deputy - Lynn Wright - Crista Meade
o Motor Vehicle Clerk - Mark Myers
o Driver's License Deputy & Examiner - Susan Griffin
o Tax Deputy - Anna Saner
* Property Tax and Auto Registration - Office Hours: 8:00 - 4:30 Monday - Friday
* Driver's License Renewal - Office Hours: 8:00 - 4:00 Monday thru Friday.
Written test given until 3:30. Drive tests Monday thru Friday by appointment only. No CDL or motorcycle drives.
Jefferson County Treasurer's Office
P.O. Box 308
Court & Briggs - Jefferson County Courthouse
Fairfield, Iowa 52556
Holiday Closings: New Year's Day, President's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Thursday and Friday, Christmas Day.
Every effort is made to ensure accurate information is posted to the site. However, Jefferson County does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of the content on this site or content which is referenced by or linked to this site. Redistribution of data from this site for commercial purposes is prohibited.
© 2006-2012 Jefferson County Iowa