Open House at the Museum
Open House at the Museum, Oct 7 & 8, 2011
Museum Open House, Oct 7 & 8, 2011
The Maasdam Barns Preservation Committee invited the entire community to an Open House at the Maasdam Barns in October 2011.
Landscaping around the Museum is just beginning.
Let's jump ahead to April 8, 2012, to see how the tulips came up. They were early this year.
Another view in April 8, 2012.
Back to the Open house - follow the sidewalk around to the front. The restrooms are at the rear of the Museum.
The entrance is on the front porch. Some last minute fixes.
This was the "living room" of the house.
Three trophies won by Maasdam horses are on display.
"Champion Percheron Mare, 1909," just one of many trophies.
There is a small gift shop.
The Maasdam story is told here.
Models of the barns were constructed by a vendor.
This room is devoted to the Louden Machinery Company, one of Fairfield's largest employers.
Just two of the many, many Louden products manufactured in Fairfield.
The other room tells about the Charter Oak wagons built by Joel Turney & Co. in Fairfield, another large employer.
After visiting the Museum, you can walk back to the barns.
Photos by Jeff Fitz-Randolph, Oct 7 & 8, 2011
Go to Creating the Museum.
Click here to see the Louden Machinery Company website
Partially funded by REAP