Built in 1871, R.B. and Lizzie Louden purchased this house in 1897. A radical remodel (1928-29) saw the original open, wrap-around porch removed and replaced by the enclosed sun porch and formal entrance.
A barn to the rear of the house was razed and a two-story brick garage, designed by the "Louden Barn Planning service", was built on the north side of the house.
In the 1970's a one-story garage was built next to the two-story garage and the Louden " AROUND-THE-CORNER" Garage Door Set was moved to it. According to company catalogues these "space-saving doors featured roller bearing, adjustable trolleys with high carbon steel track". (The doors are no longer used).
Since William Louden (founder of "Louden Machinery Company") wished to concentrate on the engineering side, his younger brother, “R.B.,” agreed to become president in 1892 and served in that capacity until his death in 1940.
Click here for the National Register of Historic Places Registration Form and photos for this building, which you can download.
Scroll down to see more photos and a garage door catalogue page.