Evergreen Ridge Stock Farm Historic District
The Show Barn
, or Dairy Barn, was apparently built by then-owner Ellsworth Turney in 1906, before J. G. Maasdam bought the farm.
Maasdam used it for general purposes, and to show horses to perspective buyers. The barn is of post-and-beam construction, possibly using pieces from a previous barn. Old photos show a wooden extension to the west side of the barn, which was replaced at some point with a modern pole-type metal building.
Repairs were needed to keep the structure from deteriorating further, especially the roof. An early cupola, which was removed some years ago, was reproduced in Jan 2011.
equipment was found in this barn.
Click here for more photos and information.
*The black and white photo below and to the right is from the Historic Study prepared for the Iowa DOT in 2002. Photo taken in Sept 2001.
New roof and cupola, work done by contractors, Jan 2011 Before volunteers did most of the restoration (2001)